Host Homes are a type of residential care service that provides a home-like environment for adults who require assistance with daily living activities. Host Homes offer a more personalized and community-based alternative to group homes or assisted living facilities.
Host Home participants live with a host family integrated into the community and live as a family unit. The host home parents can assist with medications, coordinate and provide transportation, meal planning, grocery shopping, and doctor’s appointments. In addition, ACS can provide support for finances, facilitate relationships with family and friends while supporting involvement in social and recreational activities within the community.
ACS has companion programs to easily integrate into your quality of life, including access to community supported employment, day community hub (for group programs and activities in the community) and additional supports to the host home with training and staff supporting you and the host home in providing quality services.
We promote self-determination, independence and competence by providing needed supports for daily living.
Each home is unique and may provide additional services depending on the needs of the participant. As part of your support team, we will design and implement a plan that will help you identify desired goals and the individualized services needed to help achieve them.
Services provided in Host Homes may include:
- Assistance with daily activities: This can include help with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating, and mobility.
- Medication management: Care providers ensure that residents take their medications as prescribed, and they can assist with administering medications if necessary.
- Meal preparation: Nutritious meals are prepared according to the dietary needs of each resident.
- Transportation: Host Homes may provide transportation to medical appointments, social activities, and other necessary engagements.
- Social and recreational activities: Care providers often organize activities to keep residents engaged and encourage social interaction.
- Health monitoring: Caregivers monitor residents’ health and well-being and coordinate with healthcare providers as needed.
- 24-hour supervision: Host Homes provide a safe and secure environment with around-the-clock supervision.