People with disabilities come together in a healthy and safe environment that provides socialization and support and access to the community in meaningful ways in a hub-and-spoke model.
Community involvement with custom day supports develops life skills, work skills, self-worth and other valuable skills!
Some individuals are not yet ready to enter the workforce when they graduate from school. Their disability requires a higher level of support, training and care. When necessary, our programs offer a higher staff to individual support ratio. Individuals work with staff to set goals and participate in the community as much as possible. Individuals are encouraged to participate in daily learning and social activities. In addition, the facility is equipped with learning and sensory rooms which offer a more customized approach to everyone’s needs and goals.
Our Day Hubs usually offer a range of services, which may include:
- Social activities: These programs often provide opportunities for participants to engage in various recreational activities, such as games, arts and crafts, music, or group outings, fostering social interaction and mental stimulation.
- Community access: Our participants have opportunities to access the greater community with a full calendar of items to choose from or suggesting destinations of their own. We offer trips to locations such as the zoo, bowling, swimming, Boondocks, even occasionally Wendover along with routine community locations.
- Health and personal care services: This includes medication management, therapy (occupational, physical, or speech), or assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), like grooming, dressing, and using the restroom.
- Cognitive stimulation: Our programs include activities designed to stimulate cognitive function and memory, which can be particularly beneficial for individuals with brain injuries, autism or dementia o.
- Transportation: We provide accessible transportation services to and from the facility, making it easier for participants to attend along with access to the greater community.
- Caregiver support: Day programs can provide much-needed respite for caregivers, allowing them to attend work or manage other responsibilities while their loved one receives care and support.
Our programs are an essential resource for families and caregivers, as they provide a safe, supervised, and engaging environment for their loved ones, while promoting independence and enhancing their quality of life.